Question, should I leave home and go to boarding school at 14? Heart and mind get to it and battle it out and let me know how it goes.
"Being larger then you and are smarter then you, I guess I'll go first."
"Alright, I'll let you start, but do know big things come in small sizes"
"Yeah, yeah!"
"Boarding school is the smartest thing for HER right now!"
"Boarding school is the smartest thing for HER right now!"
Heart stops pounding and is frozen. After a long silence, it begins to beat again. "I agree, but what about HER family?"
"What about them," mind says with attitude. "HER dad is not helping HER and if SHE doesn't go SHE will be stuck."
"What about HER mother?"
Mind smiles, "Her mother is special. I've stored a special memory and whenever SHE feels sad, I always take HER back to this."
"Do tell..."
"When SHE was little HER mother use to hold HER in her arms and rock HER to sleep letting HER know everything was alright."
"I remember feeling that security and storing it in HER heart. SHE deserved it. After all I owed it to HER because even when I didn't want to I had to make HER feel pain. My worst days was when SHE left me cold and dark. I guess I deserved it."
"Don't blame yourself for what isn't in your control."
Both just pound silently...
Finally mind breaks the silence, "Not to be selfish, but what about us?"
"What do you mean when you say 'what about us?'"
"If SHE goes to boarding school I will become bigger and smarter."
"And what about me?"
"SHE will be happy and you will no longer have to make HER suffer. Think about it!"
Heart grins and says with sass, "Aren't you the mind? Shouldn't you be the one thinking?"
Both break out laughing and when their laugh finally dies down they just sit in silence and begin thinking and feeling. It was the first time the heart was thinking and the first time the mind was feeling.
"I think she should go to boarding school," both say at the same time.
It was the first time the heart and the mind agreed on something. They both smile and go back to their places and pound away in the darkness.
I woke up with a tear in my eye and I just smiled. It's time to move on from the past and for once my heart and my mind felt at ease.
"What do you mean when you say 'what about us?'"
"If SHE goes to boarding school I will become bigger and smarter."
"And what about me?"
"SHE will be happy and you will no longer have to make HER suffer. Think about it!"
Heart grins and says with sass, "Aren't you the mind? Shouldn't you be the one thinking?"
Both break out laughing and when their laugh finally dies down they just sit in silence and begin thinking and feeling. It was the first time the heart was thinking and the first time the mind was feeling.
"I think she should go to boarding school," both say at the same time.
It was the first time the heart and the mind agreed on something. They both smile and go back to their places and pound away in the darkness.
I woke up with a tear in my eye and I just smiled. It's time to move on from the past and for once my heart and my mind felt at ease.
Wow, you did such a great job with your dialogue! I love your creativity here. I hope you enjoyed the challenge. :)
ReplyDeleteGrade = 15/15