Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happiness Is Pricless

Students who work on campus receive minimum wage. I think if the school is trying to help, well thanks, but living in Miami is expensive. Plus students aren't allowed to pass 12hrs. a week. Now how much could a college student do with $7.25 an hour for 12 hours a week? Not much! I feel I work just as hard as the people I work with, and maybe I wouldn't be complaining if I was getting payed a little more. This is important because everyone needs money for basic needs. And once in the blue moon its nice to buy ourselves something we like. Plus there are so many students on campus who are working on campus and I know a little more money would help all of us out. The only good thing is our school doesn't take out taxes. I was kind of worried because I'm already making little money.
http://www.floridajobs.org/minimumwage/index.htm
If you'd like read up on Florida's Minimum Wage!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent selections and sources, Kelsey!
    Thank you for sharing your points of view.

    Grade = 20/20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please remember to change the time zone in settings to EST.

    ReplyDelete